COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A drunken argument between a 65-year-old driver and her adult grandson caused quite a bit of damage overnight near 2800 East and Fort Union Boulevard, police said.
Police say the woman and her 20-year-old grandson were drunk and arguing when the grandson yanked the wheel, causing the vehicle to jump the curb and miss a jogger by just a foot or two. The vehicle then crashed into a fence, a tree and a house — just above the window where a child was sleeping.
A Salt Lake County Jail report identifies them as Vickie Robinson and Alexander Chase Robinson.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- St. George investigation into missing hiker closes with no evidence of fraud
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021