HOUSTON — Former president George H.W. Bush is in the hospital for a blood infection according to a family spokesman. This comes justafter attending the funeral of his wife, Barbara.
Jim McGrath announced on his Twitter account the 93-year-old is “responding to treatment and appears to be recovering.” He was admitted to the the Houston Methodist Hospital Sunday morning after an infection spread to his blood, McGrath said.
NEW: George H.W. Bush was admitted to a Houston hospital “yesterday morning after contracting an infection that spread to his blood,” according to statement from office of the former president. “He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering.” https://t.co/O0pXTKDQ3y pic.twitter.com/AjbpJeaBwW
— ABC News (@ABC) April 23, 2018
Barbara Bush’s funeral was Saturday and her husband did attend the ceremony along with former presidents Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W. Bush and their wives. First lady Melania trump was also in attendance.
Bush Sr. has battled several physical ailments for several years. Last April he spent two weeks in the hospital for pneumonia and chronic bronchitis.
George Herbert Walker Bush served as President of the United States from 1989-1993. He also served as a U.S. Congressman, CIA Director, and the Vice President to Ronald Reagan.
Today’s Top Stories
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Book Buddies: Kids can read to Utah shelter pets virtually
- Utah officials watch for COVID-19 variants, say UK strain not dominant yet
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utahns urged to stay indoors during record-breaking low temperatures
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like