SALT LAKE CITY — We have learned that long-time Salt Lake County Councilman, Sam Granato, has died after battling an extended illness. He was 67.
Here is the family statement on the passing of Salt Lake County Councilman, Sam Granato. pic.twitter.com/0aruYQ7q2N
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) April 26, 2018
Back in 2010 he made a run for the U.S. Senate in Utah, but eventually lost to current Utah Senator Mike Lee.
No details have been released on his funeral yet. Doug Wright joined Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News to give some thoughts on the former council member.
Today’s Top Stories
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School