SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz announced Ricky Rubio will not play Game 1 Sunday against the Houston Rockets. He could miss an extended period of time as well.
Ricky Rubio is out for game 1 due to his hamstring issue. @wojespn reports a 10 day recovery time… meaning maybe Game 4/Game 5?
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) April 28, 2018
The Jazz’s starting point guard strained his left hamstring in the first quarter of the Jazz clinching win Friday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. No return date has been set, but Rubio could be out as many as 10 days after an MRI on Saturday.
After the report came out Rubio expressed his optimism. “Never too high, never too low,” Rubio said on his Twitter page.
Never too high, never too low.
— Ricky Rubio (@rickyrubio9) April 28, 2018
In the first round against the Thunder the point guard averaged 14 points per game, dished out 7 assists, and pulled down 7.3 rebounds. In Game 3 he had a triple-double in a 115-102 victory for the Jazz. It was the first triple-double in a playoff game since John Stockton in 2001.
The Jazz will again have to rely on rookie sensation Donovan Mitchell. He scored 38 points on 26 shots in Game 6 Friday. Despite not having Rubio, Mitchell remains confident.
We gon hold it down for you Rick!🙏🏾💯✊🏾 https://t.co/W9OIVK42V6
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) April 28, 2018
The schedule for the series will depend on the outcome of Milwaukee and Boston games tonight. Tip-off against the Rockets is at 1:30 PM Sunday on ABC.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Salt Lake City Public Library system reopening for services
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Salt Lake City man charged with attempted murder following road rage incident
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?