SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz announced Ricky Rubio will not play Game 1 Sunday against the Houston Rockets. He could miss an extended period of time as well.
Ricky Rubio is out for game 1 due to his hamstring issue. @wojespn reports a 10 day recovery time… meaning maybe Game 4/Game 5?
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) April 28, 2018
The Jazz’s starting point guard strained his left hamstring in the first quarter of the Jazz clinching win Friday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. No return date has been set, but Rubio could be out as many as 10 days after an MRI on Saturday.
After the report came out Rubio expressed his optimism. “Never too high, never too low,” Rubio said on his Twitter page.
Never too high, never too low.
— Ricky Rubio (@rickyrubio9) April 28, 2018
In the first round against the Thunder the point guard averaged 14 points per game, dished out 7 assists, and pulled down 7.3 rebounds. In Game 3 he had a triple-double in a 115-102 victory for the Jazz. It was the first triple-double in a playoff game since John Stockton in 2001.
The Jazz will again have to rely on rookie sensation Donovan Mitchell. He scored 38 points on 26 shots in Game 6 Friday. Despite not having Rubio, Mitchell remains confident.
We gon hold it down for you Rick!🙏🏾💯✊🏾 https://t.co/W9OIVK42V6
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) April 28, 2018
The schedule for the series will depend on the outcome of Milwaukee and Boston games tonight. Tip-off against the Rockets is at 1:30 PM Sunday on ABC.
Today’s Top Stories
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Tooele County School District
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress