SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz announced Ricky Rubio will not play Game 1 Sunday against the Houston Rockets. He could miss an extended period of time as well.
Ricky Rubio is out for game 1 due to his hamstring issue. @wojespn reports a 10 day recovery time… meaning maybe Game 4/Game 5?
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) April 28, 2018
The Jazz’s starting point guard strained his left hamstring in the first quarter of the Jazz clinching win Friday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. No return date has been set, but Rubio could be out as many as 10 days after an MRI on Saturday.
After the report came out Rubio expressed his optimism. “Never too high, never too low,” Rubio said on his Twitter page.
Never too high, never too low.
— Ricky Rubio (@rickyrubio9) April 28, 2018
In the first round against the Thunder the point guard averaged 14 points per game, dished out 7 assists, and pulled down 7.3 rebounds. In Game 3 he had a triple-double in a 115-102 victory for the Jazz. It was the first triple-double in a playoff game since John Stockton in 2001.
The Jazz will again have to rely on rookie sensation Donovan Mitchell. He scored 38 points on 26 shots in Game 6 Friday. Despite not having Rubio, Mitchell remains confident.
We gon hold it down for you Rick!🙏🏾💯✊🏾 https://t.co/W9OIVK42V6
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) April 28, 2018
The schedule for the series will depend on the outcome of Milwaukee and Boston games tonight. Tip-off against the Rockets is at 1:30 PM Sunday on ABC.
Today’s Top Stories
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Pandemic accelerates Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints missionaries’…
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- COVID-19 testing underway at Elk Ridge Middle School following outbreak
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party