BOUNTIFUL – The search for a man believed to be connected to a botched pawn shop robbery in Bountiful is going national. Officers say the pair might be connected to more robberies than they had previously believed.
Bountiful Police are identifying the suspect who got away from the botched robbery as Alexyanis Cutino Jimenez.
He was seen running after the gunshots that killed his partner, Kleydys Arbolaez-Hernandez.
“As the media put the information out, that gave us an immediate connect in Oklahoma where they had two armed robberies. As of yesterday, a warrant was issued for Jimenez for half a million dollars for armed robbery, as well,” according to Bountiful Police Lieutenant Dave Edwards.
Investigators don’t know how the two know each other, but they both have ties to Cuba and Miami.
“The deceased suspect picked up Jimenez in Houston, originally, and brought him to the Denver area,” Edwards says.
Along with the robberies in Oklahoma, Edwards say there are more in Texas, and possibly more than the attempted robbery at the Bountiful Pawn on 500 West.
“There may be some more along the Wasatch Front that these two suspects will be tied to,” he adds
Police say Jimenez is still considered armed and dangerous, and should not be approached if spotted.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Layton Utah Temple site announced