EVANSTON, Wyo. — A new development in the investigation into a 15 year old girl who was killed in her home in Salt Lake City on May 7th. Salt Lake City Police Sergeant Brandon Shearer says they got a tip that evidence was in a Wyoming Landfill.
“Detectives and officers went through the landfill up in Evanston, Wyoming,” Shearer said. “And were able to recover evidence from the case.”
Shearer says several officers used rakes to comb through garbage for several hours. They found several things which they gathered as evidence. He did not say what the officers found or what led them to the Uinta County landfill near the Wyoming city.
He says at this point they believe the evidence is tied to the murder of 15-year-old Baleigh Bagshaw, but couldn’t say if the evidence is tied to the suspect in her case, Shaun French, who previously lived in Evanston. Police arrested him two days after Bagshaw’s death in southeast Colorado.
“We’re going to continue to follow leads,” Shearer said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Council member calls for changes with SLCO Republican Party
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah