RIVERDALE, Utah – An emergency airplane landing on Southbound I-15 near the Riverdale area closed two southbound lanes of travel Saturday morning.
The crash occurred around 8 AM at milepost 339 in Weber County near the Riverdale Road exit.
SB I-15 at MP 339 (Riverdale Rd/SR-26) Weber Co.
Right Lanes Closed.
Est. Clearance Time: 8:56 AM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 26, 2018
According to Corporal Andrew Battenfield, a new female pilot had to make the emergency landing on the freeway underneath the Riverdale Road overpass structure.
“It is unknown if the cause of the landing was mechanical or medical,” says Battenfield.
He also says the plane collided with another car which received minor damage. UDOT traffic camera’s show no damage to the airplane and there are no injuries involved.
UDOT’s official website estimates the area would not be completely cleared until about 12:30 PM.
This story will be updated as more information is gathered.
Today’s Top Stories
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- How does the Electoral College work?
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Firefighters, first responders need more masks for COVID-19 pandemic