SALT LAKE CITY — Donovan Mitchell says Utah will get a championship, as soon as next year.
He wrote his first piece for The Player’s Tribune this week, saying the Jazz will be back.
Mitchell wrote about how tough it was after losing to Houston in Game 5 and getting off the plane feeling they had let Salt Lake City down.
But then he saw all the fans who showed up in the middle of the night to cheer for them.
“I’ve never…had fans do that, so that was pretty big for us.” pic.twitter.com/D0e05FtvlO
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) May 16, 2018
Mitchell said he knew it was the start of something special, and he is using it all as fuel during the off-season to get better.
And he ends the piece, “Hopefully the next time we hang out at the airport, we’ll bring a trophy.”
Meanwhile, recent tweets by other Jazz players have fans feeling even better about the team.
Rudy Gobert tweeted “Our turn is coming” after the Golden State Warriors beat the Houston Rockets to advance to the NBA Finals.
Our turn is coming
— Rudy Gobert (@rudygobert27) May 29, 2018
And Joe Ingles has been firm in his love for the state, correcting fans on Twitter who try to get him to talk about another market.
You mean Utah? Yeah I love Utah! Also love living there… https://t.co/cnyzFprAxn
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) May 29, 2018
Thanks! I’m rolling with the Jazz! https://t.co/4RMK1h72LG
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) May 27, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- Golden Spoke Event
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale