ORDERVILLE — The Utah Highway Patrol said two people died on Saturday afternoon when the motorcycle they were riding hit a pickup truck on Highway 89 in southern Utah.
The Toyota Tacoma had stopped to make a left-hand turn onto Frost Lane. A Harley Davidson motorcycle did not slow quickly enough to avoid the truck and hit the rear part of the bed.
The Highway Patrol said both riders on the Harley were thrown from the bike and lost their lives. No one in the truck was injured.
Troopers are withholding the names of the victims until they can notify their families.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- 4 Fun Family Activities You Can Do at a County Fair
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Hiker finds body in Hells Canyon