TOOELE COUNTY — All westbound lanes on I-80 into Tooele County from Salt Lake County should reopen Monday afternoon, and all eastbound lanes by Tuesday morning.
But the traffic nightmares are a taste of things to come.
I-80 had 55-minute delays near SR-201 on Monday morning.
“Some of that was due to a few crashes, but we had it down to one lane in both directions,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason.
He said construction crews were preparing the freeway for around August 1, when they’ll replace 50-year-old bridges over the railroad tracks.
“We are going to see I-80 down to one lane in both directions for at least a few weeks,” Gleason said.
Crews are building the bridges now so they’ll be ready for placement, in hopes of quickening the process.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills