SALT LAKE CITY –Two people are sent to the hospital after a shooting that shut down an entire section of Redwood Road near 500 North.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) June 7, 2018
Police were already in the area when the shots rang out. They were investigating a different case of “shots fired” near along the Jordan River near 500 North.
“When they heard the shots, they came and noticed that it appeared someone forced entry into one of the residences here. When officers arrived, they found two victims,” says Salt Lake City Sergeant Brandon Shearer.
When the police arrived at the home, they saw two victims outside the building. Both were taken to the hospital, one in critical condition, the other in fair condition.
Shearer says officers got help from a witness who was in the area.
He says, “Another witness saw a vehicle that was involved flee from the scene. They followed that vehicle and ended up losing that vehicle at about 1700 North Redwood Road,” adding, “Officers were able to locate two suspects on foot in that area.”
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China