SANTAQUIN, Utah County — A 16-year-old girl has died after falling about 60 feet in Santaquin Canyon, officials say.
Utah County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Cannon tweeted about 11 a.m. Monday that the girl had fallen while about 4 miles up the canyon. An officer at the scene shortly after the girl fell performed CPR, but the teen didn’t survive.
The girl’s name and details about the circumstances surrounding the fall were not immediately released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- Jerry Silva, South Salt Lake Police Department
- Mirroring grandfather, Kim rides the rails to Trump summit
- UMA: Doctors discouraged to issue “mask exemptions”
- US Speedskating coach Ryan Shimabukuro has heart attack
- Cedar City Utah is Your Next Weekend Vacation! 4 Awesome Outdoor Adventures You and Your…
- Model cries ‘tears of joy’ as agent associated with Jeffrey Epstien arrested
- UPDATE: Body found in Tooele freezer identified