SANTAQUIN, Utah County — A 16-year-old girl has died after falling about 60 feet in Santaquin Canyon, officials say.
Utah County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Cannon tweeted about 11 a.m. Monday that the girl had fallen while about 4 miles up the canyon. An officer at the scene shortly after the girl fell performed CPR, but the teen didn’t survive.
The girl’s name and details about the circumstances surrounding the fall were not immediately released.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Dogs saved from South Korean meat farm come to Utah
- Opinion: Should police have sent in the dog?
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find