WEST JORDAN, Utah- Police are looking for a man they say may have attempted to abduct an 8-year-old Sunday night.
The girl said she was riding her bike around 7800 South 3600 West, when she fell. Then a man grabbed her and said something along the lines of ‘come here you stupid girl’ or “get up stupid girl.”
“The little girl certainly felt like he was trying to take her, but we don’t know. I don’t know if he was trying to help her, but it seems like a strange way to try to help her by grabbing her arm and calling her stupid,” said Sgt J.C. Holt.
The girlkicked him in the groin and got away.
She later told her parents who called police.
“The officers checked the area, but an hour had lapsed since it happened,” said Sgt Holt.
The man is described as a white male with tattoos, ear piercings and possible a nose piercing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tooele County Health Department issues Public Health Order to the owner of The Amphitheater…
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- COLD: Communication breakdown between law enforcement failed Joyce Yost
- Police have suspect in custody in Roy homicide
- Dr. Angela Dunn: “Optimistic” some places in Utah could move to…
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains
- Police investigate report of abduction in West Jordan
- Your dog food may be linked to canine heart disease
- University of Utah researchers believe they can significantly improve batteries