DRAPER — Juan Diego High School’s new quarterbacks coach comes from Arizona, where he was at the center of a hazing and sexual abuse scandal.
But lack of cooperation from witnesses, including former players, led the Maricopa County attorney to drop the case against Steve Belles, plus his former principal and athletic director at a high school in Chandler, Ariz.
The Arizona Republic reports authorities suspected them of not properly reporting hazing and sexual assault.
Belles led his team to five state championships in ten years before he quit last year.
One of his former players now coaches at Juan Diego in Draper and helped him land his new coaching and teaching job.
Today’s Top Stories
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Dave and Dujanovic: the dangers of THC vape pens
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today