WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah –Police are investigating two murders after a shooting Tuesday night.
West Valley Police say 37-year-old Chasidy Gerber and 33-year-old Martin Barron were killed by 23-year-old Kennedy Lund.
Officers say Lund lives in the house and had an argument with the man and woman who lived in a shed or outbuilding on the same property. He then shot them to death.
The man went across the street to another family member’s house after the shooting and they took the gun away from him.
It prompted a lockdown in the neighborhood near 1400 West and 3300 South..
Police surrounded the house and talked him into coming outside, where he was taken into custody.
Tuesday night investigators did not know the relationship between the three or what prompted the argument but they have been interviewing witnesses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening