WASHINGTON DC — The list of possible candidates for a US Supreme Court vacancy includes Utah Senator Mike lee, and his brother Thomas Lee, a member of the Utah Supreme Court.
Justice Anthony Kennedy is retiring.
Senator Lee said he would be open to serving if asked.
He said he started watching Supreme Court arguments for fun when he was 10 years old. But he added the president has a decision to make and he trusts his ability to make it well.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) June 28, 2018
Senator Ted Cruz said Senator Lee should be the pick.
— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) June 27, 2018
Thomas Lee made no comment on the impending vacancy. But a study published last year concluded that Thomas Lee had the best chance to replace the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.
The Lee brothers were on the list to replace Scalia, and the President has said he will again consult that list.
— Brian Martin (@RadioBrian) June 28, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021
- United Utah Party: Investigate Gov. Herbert for possible inducement
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man