SALT LAKE CITY – Sticking with the theme of keeping the core together, Utah Jazz have reportedly agreed to contract terms with guard Dante Exum and point guard Raul Neto.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski says Exum’s deal will be three years, $33 million.
Utah Jazz restricted free agent Dante Exum has agreed to a three-year, $33M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 3, 2018
Neto reportedly met with the Jazz Monday evening before the Summer League opener. Today Shams Charania from Yahoo! reported Neto and the team agreed to a new deal at 2 years, $4.4 million.
Sources: RFA Raul Neto is signing a two-year, $4.4M deal to return to the Utah Jazz.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 3, 2018
Dante Exum is coming off a year where he only played 14 regular season games after returning from preseason surgery on his left shoulder last season. He averaged 8.1 points per game, dished 3.1 assists, and pulled down just under 2 rebounds at 16.8 minutes per contest. In his career the 2014 fifth pick has battled through a couple of injury plagued seasons after missing his entire sophomore year as he rehabbed an ACL tear.
The Jazz and Derrick Favors agreed to a two-year, $36 million deal Monday as well. The team’s general manager Dennis Lindsey sounded optimistic on returning the Jazz’s newly signed players before free agency began.
“The exit interviews went really well,” Lindsey said on draft night. “And we have good relationships with all three agencies so I don’t know anything that would get in the way of a deal. But they have to vet their market, we have to vet our market, and then we have to match some notes and see if there’s three marriages, in this case, to be made.”
The Utah Jazz are still in Summer League as they take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 7 p.m. at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Utah voters break a record for presidential primary participation
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Searchers make urgent plea for more help finding missing hiker
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT