WENDOVER, Tooele County – Tooele County Sheriff’s Office says a 10-year-old boy died Wednesday while scuba diving at a lake near the Nevada state line.
The boy was out diving with his father at Blue Lake in Tooele County. Authorities believe the boy may have ascended too quickly and while the father was certified, the boy had not.
“They were about at 25 feet when the boy ascended quickly, up to the surface,” Tooele County Sheriff Lt. Ron Johnson said. “When he got out of the water, he started having some issues from possibly ascending too quickly.”
Responders were not able to revive the boy at the scene.
Blue Lake is about 16 miles south of Wendover. This story will be updated as more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated