WENDOVER, Tooele County – Tooele County Sheriff’s Office says a 10-year-old boy died Wednesday while scuba diving at a lake near the Nevada state line.
The boy was out diving with his father at Blue Lake in Tooele County. Authorities believe the boy may have ascended too quickly and while the father was certified, the boy had not.
“They were about at 25 feet when the boy ascended quickly, up to the surface,” Tooele County Sheriff Lt. Ron Johnson said. “When he got out of the water, he started having some issues from possibly ascending too quickly.”
Responders were not able to revive the boy at the scene.
Blue Lake is about 16 miles south of Wendover. This story will be updated as more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Eloise Bridges – Payson High School
- Sen. Romney seen marching at DC protests against George Floyd’s death
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Arch Madness: Blues win 1st Stanley Cup, beating Bruins 4-1
- Mr. Mike Huestis – American Fork High School
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC
- Five people charged with felonies in destruction of police car
- MOVIE SHOW: Tower of Terror 2018