SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz have waived forward Jonas Jerebko Saturday a day after announcing the team re-signed Derrick Favors, Dante Exum, and Raul Neto.
We’ve waived Jonas Jerebko. pic.twitter.com/YfVyvIZfnM
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) July 7, 2018
The former Jazzman signed a two-year deal last summer, but the Jazz had until July 9th whether or not to guarantee the contract.
Last year Jerebko played in 74 games for the Jazz and scored 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per game.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Jerebko plans on signing with the Warriors once he clears waivers.
Forward Jonas Jerebko plans to sign with the Golden State Warriors upon clearing waivers on Monday, league sources tell ESPN. Jerebko has a $4.2M salary that would need to be guaranteed if he’s claimed.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 7, 2018
The Jazz have another decision to make on Epke Udoh by July 9th as well. Udoh also signed a two year deal with the second being non-guaranteed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad