The first boys have been taken out of a cave in northern Thailand where a soccer team and coach have been trapped for two weeks. Thai officials say they have rescued four of the 13 trapped in the cave. That leaves 9 to still be rescued.
Rescuers are taking a break to replenish supplies. Officials report they need 10-20 hours to recuperate.
NEW: A fourth boy has now been rescued from a cave in Thailand, where a soccer team and their coach have been trapped for 2 weeks. https://t.co/96WYLgBlxs
— ABC News (@ABC) July 8, 2018
The rescue operation is ongoing and could take up to four days.
This story will be updated as the mission progresses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Italian socialist Sassoli to be president of EU Parliament
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas
- Jordan School District to address COVID-19 at Riverton High
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms
- Microearthquake reported northwest of Magna, no damage or injuries