PROVIDENCE — A Naturopathic Physician practicing in Cache County is now charged with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, both first-degree felonies.
Police are worried there could be more victims.
In a probable cause statement, police say 41-year-old Brevan Bringhurt Baugh is accused of sexually assaulting a child under the age of 14 on at least two occasions. The two incidents reportedly happened in 2011 and 2014.
Baugh has been licensed to practice medicine in Utah since 2011. Charging documents do not specify whether the alleged abuse took place in relation to Baugh’s medical practice.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says Baugh has posted bail since his arrest and is no longer in custody.
Police believe Baugh may have had other victims.
Those with information should call Cache County Sheriff’s Detective Bird at 435-755-1180.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Opponents try to stop SLCO tax hike for UTA
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Tooele County Health Department
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school
- Could Joseph Smith’s First Vision have happened on March 26, 200 years ago?