BIRDSEYE– Two people are injured another dead after a head-on collision on Highway 89 near Birsdeye. The crash happened early Sunday morning in southeast Utah county.
A 31-year-old woman and a 13-year-old boy were in critical condition after the accident, Highway patrol Cpl. Andrew Battenfield said. The teen, identified as Baylor Stout of South Jordan, died after he was transported to the hospital. A third patient, a 48-year-old man was transported in fair condition.
Video credit: Edward Nielsen
A medical helicopter was called to transport one of the injured in critical condition. The other two patients were transported by ambulance.
All three people involved in the crash were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash, Battenfield said.
The woman, driving a south-bound Kia Sedona drifted into on-coming traffic and collided with a Ford, F-150 pickup truck towing RVs behind it, causing the truck to roll. Baylor and his father were in the pickup. All three people were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
The accident closed Highway 89 for a time while investigators determined cause. Drowsy driving is being investigated as a possible contributing factor in the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Your dog food may be linked to canine heart disease
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- UPDATE: Ogden police officer, and suspect, dead after officer-involved shooting