KAMAS – Authorities say they have found the body of missing Charles “Ray” Humpherys from South Jordan on Tuesday.
Breaking: Summit County SAR has recovered the body of missing backpacker Ray Humpherys from the Middle Fork Weber River drainage. His death appeared to be consistent with the terrain and environment, they said.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) July 25, 2018
He was found in the Middle Fork drainage area which approximately 1.5 miles from his last known location near Hidden Lake according to a statement Summit County Sheriff’s Office released.
“There is no suspected foul play in the death of Mr. Humpherys, and the injuries are consistent with the harsh terrain and environment,” the sheriff’s office said in its statement.
He went missing last Wednesday around 10:00 p.m. He was camping with his family near Hidden Lake when he went missing. Thousands of hours were given from hundreds of volunteers according the Sheriff’s office.
Humpherys reportedly said he was going down to the lake to get water for the campfire, but did not return.
His body was taken to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- “Bonus Bucks” program encourages shopping and dining in Salt Lake City
- When do pandemics end? Utah lawmakers look at metrics for COVID-19 “endgame”
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out…
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Gov. Cox: Honor system a necessity with next phase of Utah vaccine rollout
- History and renovations of Salt Lake Temple and other temples