KAMAS – Authorities say they have found the body of missing Charles “Ray” Humpherys from South Jordan on Tuesday.
Breaking: Summit County SAR has recovered the body of missing backpacker Ray Humpherys from the Middle Fork Weber River drainage. His death appeared to be consistent with the terrain and environment, they said.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) July 25, 2018
He was found in the Middle Fork drainage area which approximately 1.5 miles from his last known location near Hidden Lake according to a statement Summit County Sheriff’s Office released.
“There is no suspected foul play in the death of Mr. Humpherys, and the injuries are consistent with the harsh terrain and environment,” the sheriff’s office said in its statement.
He went missing last Wednesday around 10:00 p.m. He was camping with his family near Hidden Lake when he went missing. Thousands of hours were given from hundreds of volunteers according the Sheriff’s office.
Humpherys reportedly said he was going down to the lake to get water for the campfire, but did not return.
His body was taken to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
Today’s Top Stories
- What actually happened at Area 51?
- Moose goes cliff-diving, swims off without a scratch
- Dogs that attacked girl will not be euthanized
- Gov Cox: All Utah residents eligible for vaccine next Wednesday
- Iranian hackers said to target presidential campaign
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
- Jordan School District to address COVID-19 at Riverton High
- Millcreek to honor Black pioneers in Pioneer Day ceremony
- Garth Limb – Heartland Elementary