SALT LAKE CITY — Brace for more freeway closures throughout the weekend across northern Utah.
In Parleys Canyon, shutdowns of westbound lanes on I-80 are finished, a day later than expected, but eastbound lanes will close overnight between East Canyon and Jeremy Ranch from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
UDOT crews want to finish an animal crossing bridge.
“Taking some of those animals off of the road, which is going to eliminate a lot of those wildlife-vehicle collisions,” spokesman John Gleason said.
On Saturday night, lane splits start on northbound I-15 in Lehi for several months to make six lanes each way.
“If you’re getting off on SR-92, you’re going to want to make sure you get to the right two lanes before 2100 South, because that’s where that lane split starts,” Gleason said.
On Friday night through Monday morning, southbound I-15 to I-215 closes in North Salt Lake, as does the 106th South bridge over I-15 in Sandy, as crews make repairs.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Marc Allen- Woods Cross High School