SALT LAKE CITY — Amazon holds another job fair Tuesday as they try to fill 1,500 new jobs. But will they have success finding enough workers in this booming economy?
The hiring fair is going on at the Hilton Salt Lake, 255 South West Temple, from August 7 to August 16 9am-4pm each day.
Some point out the starting wage being offered by Amazon is lower than the state average. But in this clip below, Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce services says you have to look beyond that.
McDonald says Utah’s unemployment is low, and some companies are struggling to find enough workers. Amazon wants to hire 1,500 for their new fulfillment center in the northwest quadrant of Salt Lake City..
McDonald says their coming in is bringing competition, which is good. He also points out that 25,000 people are actively looking for work in Salt Lake, Tooele and Davis counties, right around this area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots