SALT LAKE CITY – It is ten days away, but Utah Transit Authority announced it is increasing its services for fans heading to the Utah vs. Weber State game on August 30th.
It will be the first game for both squads that day with kickoff set for 6 p.m. Your football ticket will be valid as UTA fare for the full day.
The agency says it will add five special direct trains from Draper to the stadium prior to the game. All the Red line trains and special direct trains will be four cars long.
If you are just in the downtown are there will be special direct buses from Salt Lake Central to Rice-Eccles Stadium. UTA also says it will have buses at near Trax stations at 400 South to supplement train capacity to the stadium.
The agency also will be beefing up services post game as well. The contest is expected to end roughly around 9:30 p.m. So trains at the end of the game will be four cars long heading to Draper and to Daybreak as well.
They will continue to have special direct buses following the contest going from the stadium to Salt Lake Central Station staged on University Street (1400 E) just north of South Campus Drive (400 South). There will also be buses from the stadium to Courthouse and will also be staged on University Street adjacent to Rice-Eccles Stadium Trax Station.
The agency says Frontrunner will run as normal on game day.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America