MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified police say a man beat his estranged wife and their 13 year old daughter, resulting in the woman’s death. The girl is in the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray says neighbors heard screaming at 7:05 AM Wednesday at the Riverbend Apartments at 850 West 3900 South. Paramedics were unable to save her life.
They believe both victims were beaten with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect is 54 year old Walter Brantzeg. They say he called TV stations as he was leaving the scene, and officers pinged his phone and took him into custody near 4500 South and 300 East.
It appears Brantzeg was separated from his wife and they were in a custody dispute.
Help for people in abusive relationships can be found by contacting the YWCA’s Women in Jeopardy program at 801-537-8600, or the confidential statewide Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-897-LINK (5465). Resources are also available online at udvc.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife bridge crossing opens over I-80 in Parleys Canyon
- Protected: Test
- CPAC chair: Romney not invited over fears for his safety
- New Saratoga Springs middle school still not ready
- Police investigate late report of shooting at Jordan Landing
- Rabbi says gun ‘miraculously jammed’ in California attack
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Granite School District to publish COVID-19 case counts for all schools
- What could you cut out to help you save $1,000?
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say