DRAPER — A couple is under arrest, suspected of child abuse that includes feeding marijuana to their young children to keep them quiet.
Investigators ordered a hair follicle test.
“That revealed, on these children who were 3 and 4 years of age, a positive test for cocaine and the metabolite for THC,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
He says Katie Blackham, 39, and Jakob Sickler, 28, also didn’t seek medical help for their daughter’s broken leg for 48 hours.
The kids are in protective custody. Family members called Draper Police.
“The eyes and the ears often are members of the community: first responders, healthcare providers, other family members,” Gill said. “And they are critical.”
Today’s Top Stories
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Tooele County School District
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress