DRAPER — A couple is under arrest, suspected of child abuse that includes feeding marijuana to their young children to keep them quiet.
Investigators ordered a hair follicle test.
“That revealed, on these children who were 3 and 4 years of age, a positive test for cocaine and the metabolite for THC,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
He says Katie Blackham, 39, and Jakob Sickler, 28, also didn’t seek medical help for their daughter’s broken leg for 48 hours.
The kids are in protective custody. Family members called Draper Police.
“The eyes and the ears often are members of the community: first responders, healthcare providers, other family members,” Gill said. “And they are critical.”
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- What you can do right now to stop robocalls
- Ticket buyers, beware: scalpers are out to rip you off
- News Masters of the Universe: Apollo Edition
- Tesla’s Cybertruck is the butt of every internet joke
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- COLD: Computer at heart of Josh Powell custody dispute did not belong to him