DRAPER — A couple is under arrest, suspected of child abuse that includes feeding marijuana to their young children to keep them quiet.
Investigators ordered a hair follicle test.
“That revealed, on these children who were 3 and 4 years of age, a positive test for cocaine and the metabolite for THC,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
He says Katie Blackham, 39, and Jakob Sickler, 28, also didn’t seek medical help for their daughter’s broken leg for 48 hours.
The kids are in protective custody. Family members called Draper Police.
“The eyes and the ears often are members of the community: first responders, healthcare providers, other family members,” Gill said. “And they are critical.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary
- Bridal Veil Falls hiker identified as man from Roosevelt, Utah
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate