I’m saddened when people so willingly text me that Senator John McCain wasn’t a war hero, but he was a war criminal. They share it and they don’t have any basis in fact.
His final statement is something that we talk about on the regular. I’m afraid that may be the end of an era and that really makes me hurt for this country.
It’s remarkable to me what he went through. He respected people on all sides of the spectrum. Is there room for a John McCain in politics today?
Also, I’m not going to debate President Donald Trump’s If you didn’t expect this behavior by now, where have you been? Rather than focusing on his behaviors, you can focus on McCain and his years of service both in the military and a public servant.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- The Best Family RV Vacations in Utah: 3 Fun RV Trip Planning Ideas for Your Next Summer Adventure
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- How does the Electoral College work?
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor