SALT LAKE CITY — A construction company is mourning the loss of one of its workers in an industrial accident in Salt Lake’s Rio Grande neighborhood.
Crews lost track of the 33-year-old man and after he didn’t return home that evening, his wife called for answers.
“The individual was in an area that was not easily seen, up at a high point inside the room he was working in, and tucked back into a corner,” said police Det. Greg Wilking.
Wilking also said the construction worker electrocuted himself inside the Utah State Historical Society.
His body stayed there overnight until crews spotted him on Tuesday morning.
“These accidents pop up, and it’s a tragic situation any time someone goes to work, and they don’t come home to their loved ones,” Wilking said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah COVID-19 hospitalizations lower, doctor urges caution over Christmas