SALT LAKE CITY — The Huntsman family fondly recalls the influence the late Senator John McCain had on them.
On Instagram, Mary Kaye Huntsman said, “There has been no greater mentor to my husband aside from his own dad than John McCain.”
There has been no greater mentor to my husband aside from his own dad than John McCain. It was the highest of honors for our family to campaign with him in the presidential election of 2008 where Jon served as National Co-Chairman. Many lessons of life and politics from that experience. They had a sweet conversation before his passing that always will be cherished. Senator McCain’s early influence on our two sons no doubt helped play a role in their decision to attend the US Naval Academy and pursue military careers. Mostly, our hearts go out to @cindymccain , @meghanmccain and the entire McCain family for their remarkable dedication to our beloved nation. We are indebted to their selfless service and above all keep them in our prayers during this moment of deep mourning. 🇺🇸🙏❤️
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, Jr. served as the Arizona Senator’s national co-chairman during his 2008 White House run.
Utah’s former first lady also said her husband and McCain “had a sweet conversation before his passing that always will be cherished.”
Now, the Huntsmans’ daughter, Abby, and McCain’s daughter, Meghan, will be co-hosts on ABC’s “The View.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Rescuers say infant CPR saved one year-old baby
- My Minute of News: C’mon, get happy with Utah, the happiest state
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Bodies of man and his slave unearthed from ashes at Pompeii
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- Disney will require masks at parks in indoor areas in Florida and California
- Man admits to shooting at power substations in Utah, Nevada
- Police describe possible abduction attempt in Riverton
- Should Utah raise the minimum wage?
- Long delays in fixing a busy Cache County road