SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City’s safety record for drivers improves, according to one study, but not by much.
Utah’s capital city improved to 48th for safest drivers among the country’s 200 biggest cities.
That’s still up ten spots since 2017 in Allstate Insurance’s America’s Best Drivers Report.
West Valley City dropped 19 spots to 93rd. Boise ranked third on the 2018 list.
Allstate mainly studied car crash data and hard braking events, adding our drivers crash once every nine years on average.
The nation’s safest big city for driving is Brownsville, Texas with a population 183,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Crimewatch: the Murder of Sherry Black
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- How does the Electoral College work?
- Intoxicated driver runs into railroad crossing signal in Roy, road closed
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes