MILLARD COUNTY, UT – A Union Pacific freight train derailed in southern Utah Friday afternoon and over 20 cars in all derailed from the tracks.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 1, 2018
Corporate Relations and Media Director Justin Jacobs for Union Pacific says there were no injuries. The cause of it is not yet known and they will investigate.
Crews were able to clear the cars early this morning and were also working on repairing the damage the derailment caused to the tracks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Cleanup from Magna quake continues as some residents grow more frustrated
- WATCH: Dad builds backyard roller coaster during shelter in place
- ERA Utah supporters hold rally at the State Capitol building
- News Masters of the Universe: Apollo Edition
- Salt Lake City man charged with attempted murder following road rage incident
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices