MILLARD COUNTY, UT – A Union Pacific freight train derailed in southern Utah Friday afternoon and over 20 cars in all derailed from the tracks.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 1, 2018
Corporate Relations and Media Director Justin Jacobs for Union Pacific says there were no injuries. The cause of it is not yet known and they will investigate.
Crews were able to clear the cars early this morning and were also working on repairing the damage the derailment caused to the tracks.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- Gateway Mall owners say crime is down 79%