MILLARD COUNTY, UT – A Union Pacific freight train derailed in southern Utah Friday afternoon and over 20 cars in all derailed from the tracks.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 1, 2018
Corporate Relations and Media Director Justin Jacobs for Union Pacific says there were no injuries. The cause of it is not yet known and they will investigate.
Crews were able to clear the cars early this morning and were also working on repairing the damage the derailment caused to the tracks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- More women are outearning their husbands than ever – but we aren’t willing to…
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Bridal Veil Falls hiker identified as man from Roosevelt, Utah
- Bicyclist killed after being hit by a truck in Summit County
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate