SALT LAKE CITY – Fire officials suspect arson for the Tervels Fire in Summit County which sparked Monday afternoon.
#TervelsFire Update: The fire investigator has determined the cause of the fire to be arson. Contact Summit County Sheriff’s Department with any information. The fire is 350 acres and 0% contained. Update: https://t.co/CjSDmxLw98
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 4, 2018
It forced authorities to close eastbound I-80 near Echo Reservoir. The fire is located just under seven miles east of Coalville. Authorities say resources arrived quickly and officials ordered for more.
No evacuations have been ordered as of right now, but fire officials say Echo Creek Ranches are under a pre-evacuation order. The fire has burned 350 acres and is at zero percent contained as of Monday evening.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 3, 2018
Utah Fire Info says “smoke will be visible from Ogden Valley, Coalville, Evanston,Wyoming and other surrounding areas.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Salt Lake City woman warns others about employment scam
- Davis County leaders feeling pressure to increase mask wearing, mull possible requirement
- 36 years after Joyce Yost’s assault, rape victims have more help, but key funding has lapsed
- Distracted driving fight hits a big roadblock: we won’t give up our phones
- Utah wildfires causing havoc for cattle owners
- Sunshine, heat and cars are the recipe for ozone pollution
- A snowboarder survived an avalanche and caught the heart-racing experience on video
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- Pope arrives in Iraq to rally Christians despite pandemic