SALT LAKE CITY – Fire officials suspect arson for the Tervels Fire in Summit County which sparked Monday afternoon.
#TervelsFire Update: The fire investigator has determined the cause of the fire to be arson. Contact Summit County Sheriff’s Department with any information. The fire is 350 acres and 0% contained. Update: https://t.co/CjSDmxLw98
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 4, 2018
It forced authorities to close eastbound I-80 near Echo Reservoir. The fire is located just under seven miles east of Coalville. Authorities say resources arrived quickly and officials ordered for more.
No evacuations have been ordered as of right now, but fire officials say Echo Creek Ranches are under a pre-evacuation order. The fire has burned 350 acres and is at zero percent contained as of Monday evening.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 3, 2018
Utah Fire Info says “smoke will be visible from Ogden Valley, Coalville, Evanston,Wyoming and other surrounding areas.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers