SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has published a new book about its history, leaving nothing out.
“Saints” will have four volumes; the first is now available. It tells the history of the Church through true stories about real people around the world.
“It is time for a history of the global church,” said Church historian Elder Steven E. Snow.
The first volume, “The Standard of Truth,” covers from Joseph Smith to the work in the Nauvoo Temple. Each volume is structured around temple building.
Historian Matthew Grow said nothing is left out, and everything is sourced. But it is also written in a way easy for youth to read, “To help them understand historical events in their context, and understand the unfolding of the Church.”
Elders Cook and Renlund say they loved the new book, “Saints.” They say it doesn’t hide anything about the history of the Church, and it is faith promoting. pic.twitter.com/5fZ1fkcvtz
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) September 4, 2018
“In a formal message from the First Presidency contained in the book, they express their desire that the book will help readers remember “how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men,” said Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles.
The narrative history is 14 languages already, and is in print, and in free e-book and audiobook formats.
You can read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Truck crashes into, flattens Wellington restaurant