SALT LAKE CITY — A new poll shows a slim majority of Utahns want the Senate to confirm President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll for Utah Policy finds 51% of Utahns “strongly” or “somewhat” support Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
Twenty-eight percent oppose it, and 21% don’t know.
Unsurprisingly, the survey also found nearly all Republicans surveyed are in support, and nearly all Democrats are in opposition.
Republicans accuse Democrats of stall tactics. Democrats claim Kavanaugh will make the high court too conservative.
Today’s Top Stories
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Why Notre Dame Cathedral is so important to Catholics worldwide
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2