SALT LAKE CITY — A new poll shows a slim majority of Utahns want the Senate to confirm President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll for Utah Policy finds 51% of Utahns “strongly” or “somewhat” support Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
Twenty-eight percent oppose it, and 21% don’t know.
Unsurprisingly, the survey also found nearly all Republicans surveyed are in support, and nearly all Democrats are in opposition.
Republicans accuse Democrats of stall tactics. Democrats claim Kavanaugh will make the high court too conservative.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Local health officials: Utah may reach herd immunity by end of summer
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose
- To steal secrets, spies from China bide their time, former FBI agent says