WASHINGTON, D.C. — Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg testified to examine the social media’s role in “fake news” and Russia’s influence in the 2016 presidential election.
Google didn’t even bother showing up but that didn’t stop them from being lectured by senators who thought it would be funny to lecture an empty chair.
These companies that started out as a way to keep in touch with friends and family are now ground zero for Fake News and Russian election meddling.
It is hardly fair to expect that they should have seen this coming.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- From Adderall to “huffing” canned air; a Utah man’s journey with addiction