My 17-year-old nephew, Macin Smith, walked out the door three years ago, supposedly on his way to high school, and vanished.
You can join me and #MacinsArmy as we search for his remains in St. George on September 8 at 3000 E Banded Hills.
You’d never guess that your thoughts and prayers actually mean something to me. Your thoughts and prayers bring strength. This has been a defining moment for me as I’ve tried to put myself in the shoes of other people.
Since Macin disappeared, I’ve dedicated myself to raising awareness of mental illness and talking to our kids about it matter. Parents, we have to be able to give our kids a break. After all, you can do kids will make their own choices.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Payson shelter-in-place order lifted; sledgehammer suspect still at large
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Nate Rackham, Brigham City PD