SPANISH FORK — A leaked Snapchat video led to the arrest of two men who police say tore apart a Spanish Fork church.
Police had been investigating the vandalism of a meeting-house belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Spanish Fork. It was thousands of dollars in damages, from broken plumbing to smashed artwork and torn apart hymnals.
Then, they saw a Snapchat video of a man walking through the gym, with fire extinguisher residue everywhere and broken books on the floor. In the video, the man boasted they just destroyed the church.
Police say they interviewed Kevin Hayes and Thomas Anderson, both in their 20s, and they each said the other man did it. Both were booked into the Utah County jail.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.