SPANISH FORK — A leaked Snapchat video led to the arrest of two men who police say tore apart a Spanish Fork church.
Police had been investigating the vandalism of a meeting-house belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Spanish Fork. It was thousands of dollars in damages, from broken plumbing to smashed artwork and torn apart hymnals.
Then, they saw a Snapchat video of a man walking through the gym, with fire extinguisher residue everywhere and broken books on the floor. In the video, the man boasted they just destroyed the church.
Police say they interviewed Kevin Hayes and Thomas Anderson, both in their 20s, and they each said the other man did it. Both were booked into the Utah County jail.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Suspected Utah bank robbers killed man in Colorado, authorities say
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department
- Dropping mask mandate in April is too soon, county mayor says
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains