The woman who helped kidnap Elizabeth Smart in 2002 will be back on the streets and freed from prison more than five years earlier than expected. Elizabeth said that she was surprised by the court’s “incomprehensible” decision.
Wanda Barzee pleaded guilty to kidnapping and holding Elizabeth captive under the direction of Brian David Mitchell.
I hate this. I just can’t stand that she’ll be out. What can we do about it? I don’t even know. I can’t imagine being Elizabeth Smart and knowing this woman is going to be free, it’s unbelievable.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Utah Jazz debut new uniforms, welcome more fans at Vivint Arena
- China researchers discover new swine flu with ‘pandemic potential’