JayMac: The active shooter trend fills our news cycle, especially during the school year.
To combat that, one school in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, is implementing active shooter trainings where police officers will fire blanks in the hallways to get kids used to the sound of gunfire.
I hate that this has to happen and that kids have to be exposed to this, but it is absolutely necessary. We cannot be in denial of the world we live in.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school