JayMac: Have you heard of the Waffle House Index?
Typically, the Waffle House is open 24/7, but during a hurricane, it closes down. The restaurant chain is the last thing to close and the first thing to open when a storm hits. It’s an unwritten rule that once the Waffle House is open that’s the unofficial way of saying the hurricane is over.
What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- UVU students win records fight over campus police reports
- Drugs and other crimes still a big problem in county jails
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Salt Lake City high schools may start later in 2021
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27