JayMac: Have you heard of the Waffle House Index?
Typically, the Waffle House is open 24/7, but during a hurricane, it closes down. The restaurant chain is the last thing to close and the first thing to open when a storm hits. It’s an unwritten rule that once the Waffle House is open that’s the unofficial way of saying the hurricane is over.
What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- United Angels Foundation
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Homeless man filmed shaving on train, mocked on Twitter
- Rep. Logan Wilde defends bill that would limit city’s powers to restrict zoning for…
- Dave & Dujanovic: Utah coronavirus survivor talks about his ordeal
- Search and Rescue looking for 2 missing teens on Utah Lake
- Maria Shriver wants us all to stop scrolling and to start talking