Police seek info on suspect in homicide at parking garage
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police are seeking the public’s help in locating the suspect wanted in a homicide that occurred downtown in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police say Francis Lee Ragsdale, 30, is described as 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighing approximately 200 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.
The suspect “should be considered armed and dangerous,” according to the police department.
Police say a fight broke out at a bar downtown and then transferred over to a parking garage where several shots were fired and suspects fled in an unknown vehicle.
David Lawrence Burwell, 25, was found dead at the scene.
Police are asking anyone who knows what happened to call (801) 799-3000 immediately. Anonymous tips can be sent by text message to 274637. If you choose to text, please start your message with TIPSLCPD and include any relevant information you may have.
Reference: case #18-169788.
Today’s Top Stories
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Davis School District apologizes for shared flyer on ex-employee
- U of U Health offering full-tuition scholarships for pharmacy program
- Logan man arrested for allegedly sharing child porn on Facebook
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Charges say man threatened to shoot everyone at Magna youth football practice
- USU police chief resigns after sexual assault comments to football players were made public
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help