During the hearings for Brett Kavanaugh’s to be considered for the Supreme Court Justice seat, allegations of sexual assault halted the Senate confirmation hearing.
Both Brett Kavanaugh and the alleged victim, Christen Blasey Ford, have both agreed to testify.
Have you chosen a side? Why? Put yourself in the place of Brett Kavanaugh who says he’s innocent and has no way to prove his innocence. Or in the hands of the accuser who has no way to prove that he’s guilty. This is a very difficult situation.
My first thought was that what happens in high school stays in high school. But then I asked myself if this would be the same if he had molested a child. This leads me to rethink my beliefs about whether or not these allegations should keep him off the court.
There is no reason to rush through this. Demonstrate that you take these allegations seriously and have a hearing, and then have your vote and we can move on with our lives. What you cannot do is ignore it.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Church updates General Handbook, calls for members to “abandon” prejudice
- Police say drug ring run by teen had ties to many Utah schools
- Storytelling, humor mark Saints’ memories of President Monson